Sunday, November 15, 2009

What is God's will for me? Obey, obey, obey

Today we had to say goodbye to our dear, dear friends who are leaving to plant a church in Vancouver. It was difficult to see them leave but they are following God's will, sewing into God's kingdom by living out the great commission with the ultimate obedience.
It has been a season of change. So many friends have been moving away and making big changes of their own. I feel like we have been frozen for the last 2 and a half years. I knew, when I married Paul, that his going back to school would mean staying in one place until he was finished school and really being intentional about not growing our family until he could provide for us. I have been so resigned to this and so focused on the light at the end of the tunnel that I didn't see how close that goal is. Paul finishes school in just over a month. We joke that it will be my Christmas present.
I don't know what we're going to do with that kind of freedom. We don't really have a plan because it is premature to have a plan. The tentative plan looks something like this: Paul finishes school, we breathe a huge sigh of gratitude and celebrate Christmas, the job hunt begins and then....

No comments:

Post a Comment