Saturday, February 13, 2010

Better Household Management

Lately I have been reading a lot about natural womanhood and managing a household.
I have to say, it's all a bit intimidating. I would love to do it, but I barely have the energy to keep our place presentable and prepare one meal every two days on our current schedule, let alone all of this natural, all-organic, meal planning, list making hyper-organization.
I am thinking of implementing some kind of cleaning schedule so that the chores that don't get done until we're expecting company, get done a lot more often. Maybe I'll try to do some more meal planning too. I know that in the long run these things save precious time and money but I just find myself so frazzled and starved for free time. When I get home from work most nights I am exhausted, all I want to do is sit. I wonder where they get all their energy?
Today I am doing the laundry, washing it here and drying it at the laundromat, and then I'll do the grocery shopping while the laundry's drying. I guess that could count as time efficiency. I'm also going to see if I can find some coupons to use in the future, today I'm going to try not to buy anything not on the list though. I need to accept that my full time job is outside the home and there's only so much that allows me to do. I know that it can't be done in a day but I am taking baby steps toward better household management.

No comments:

Post a Comment