Saturday, June 26, 2010

Freezer Cooking, still...

So far the freezer cooking has been going ok. I have broken most of the major rules though, my biggest mistake, going to no less than 3 grocery stores yesterday morning before I'd even started cooking. In my defense, the Wholesale Club was out of lean ground beef on Thursday night and I couldn't find a good deal until Friday morning (Save-On-Foods, $1.89/lb.) So of course I had to buy about 20lbs.

So far I have made:

3 x Chili
3 x Pasta Sauce
4 x Veggie Burger Soup
3 x Shepherd's Pie (with Yams and Mozza instead of Potatoes and Cheddar)
3 x Garlic Bread (Store-bought French Bread, just added garlic butter)
10 lbs of Mushrooms, Washed/Sliced/Frozen ($1.56/lb. Plus a $1.00 Coupon for buying the whole flat)
2 x Marinating Steaks

One of the biggest challenges for us is that we are feeding usually 5 adults dinner and trying to pack 4 adult-sized lunches for work the next day. No kid-sized portions here yet.

Still on the agenda for tonight: Maccaroni and Cheddar Casserole with Broccoli, Cream of Yam and Bacon Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Biscuits, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment